Anabol or Methandienone or Methandrostenolone or Dianabol is one of the most popular orally taken anabolic steroid available in the market. Anabol was the first synthetic anabolic steroid that was available in its oral form. Compared to its injectable form, the oral form is popular among its users. Like any other anabolic steroid, there are certain side effects of Anabol. The knowledge of these side effects goes a long way in countering and preventing them.
Basics of Anabol
Anabol was created in 1950’s for American athletes as a counter to the Russian athletes that were using Testosterone. It has gradually become popular among athletes due to its effectiveness and the edge it provided them in a competition. It can be used singularly or as part of the stack containing other steroids without compromising on results. It’s used by many athletes to retain the gains between cycles. It’s a favored part of cutting cycle and it’s used to gain lean muscle mass.
Factors affecting the Side effects
The side effects of using an anabolic steroid depends on following factors
- Food habits
- Physical condition etc.
Various side effects
The primary reason for side effects being exceeding the recommended doses. A few of the side effects caused by Anabol is as follows
- Water retention – A major part of the bulk gained while using is due to the water retention properties of the drug. In most of the cases, this side effect is exaggerated.
- Extra bloating – The food habits of an individual are the primary cause of extra bloating instead of Anabol usage
- Increased blood pressure – This symptom can be present in few cases. The increase in blood pressure is not common and can vary from person to person
- Gynecomastia – In certain individuals, Anabol may convert to estrogen in high quantities leading to Gynecomastia
- It may affect Testosterone production, so it’s usually stacked with Testosterone
- It negatively affects HPTA – HPTA or Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Testes-Axis is negatively affected by Anabol
Now after you go through all the above mentioned side effects, the question that arises is whether it’s safe to use Anabol? The answer to this question is that Anabol can be used safely in recommended or prescribed dosage. If the dosage is kept low in the range of 25 to 50mg daily and it’s clubbed with sufficient intake of liquids like water and cranberry juice etc. then you can avoid the harmful reactions reported by some users. Another important part is a proper PCT or post cycle therapy at the end of the cycle to balance out the hormones and to prevent liver damage.